Recent Works

Saturday, August 09, 2008

What to Do what to Do?

I don't know what to do with my hair. I went out of town for a a week to my reunion and because I didn't want to do my hair on the daily, I twisted it up for about 2 or 3 days until I arrived. I then rocked a twist out for the duration. It held up really well considering I clubbed non stop the entire time. I rocked a head band for about 3 days and then put some cornrows in the front and wore the back out. I did look cute if I must say so myself.

The only problem that I had was scalp issues that started to flare up again. My head was itching something fierce and when I finally washed (after I arrived home) I had two scabs in my hair. I think it's from me ferociously scratching and I know better than that, I really do! I try to do the rubbing thing and the patting is not an option(I know, y'all have seen chicks slapping themselves in the head or patting especially with weaves) I've never understood the patting thing. Why pat,tap, hit and smack when you can just scratch. I hate to see people doing that, its my pet peeve. But anyway, back to the matter at hand, I just cannot help but scratch and I believe it is doing damage to my scalp. I also realize that I need to go back to my daily washing routine at least until I get these itchies under control. I may just have to take a trip back to the derm and see what's really going on. The last time I had a flare up like this, it resulted in bald spots and that was back in 2006.

Anyway, I did an overnight deep conditioning treatment and then followed up with a moisturizing conditioner (which I ended up leaving in for two days) because I just didn't feel like doing anything. I think I'm going to do some twists and leave it in for about a month or two but first I need some products. I want to try Kinky curly transitioners tonic but apparently its hard to come by. The boutique in my area doesn't have it in stock. She called me when she got her shipment in but she received everything but the tonic. I have also been hearing some great buzz about Qhemets products and being that I can also get that locally, I might drive down and pick up a few products to review. My main thing is moisture, moisture and more moisture so anything that will keep this head 'O' mine, moisturized, I'm absolutely, Loving IT!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More