Recent Works

Monday, July 28, 2008

To Loc or Not to Loc, That is the Question?

I have really been toying with the idea of locing my hair (although I doubt that I'll ever go through with it) but I absolutely love locs. I find myself ogling loc'd heads whenever they pass my way. I think I'd look cute with locs and besides, I'd be sure to get some awesome growth which is my number one priority. I just want shoulder length natural hair including shrinkage which is about 95% for me. I've been viewing some natural hair albums and I think if I ever were to get them, I would go with the sister locs. They look beautiful, are about the right size/width, and seem to be more versatile as opposed to regular locs. I tend to like them shorter and thinner. I even thought about twisting my hair and just wearing it like that for a few months to see how much growth I get. I like to switch up my looks a lot and the fact that locs are for life(or until I cut them off) is what scares me most. While I have seen some people who have successfully "Un loc'd" their hair without cutting, I seriously doubt that would work for me. Unraveling my twists after a week or two is hell for me so I couldn't even imagine what trying to un loc a loc would be. I know some people decide to get dreadlocs for spiritual reasons but believe me, it isn't that deep for me. I think they look fly (peep the pic and tell me those locs are not fierce!) and I like the growth factor. That's it, that's all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More