Recent Works

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Had To Put The Braids On Permanent Hiatus

I'm out of the braids, I took them out the day before Thanksgiving and I am so glad. I noticed that the front of my hair (well actually the crown, which has always been kind of fine)is feeling sort of thin. It has been itching a lot too so I really don't know what is going on there. My mother said maybe it is because it was dirty (I didn't wash as often if at all when I had braids) could be. I'm going to lay off of the braids for a while and really try to pamper my hair. The only thing is I don't know what to do with my hair. I cut it in July or August down to a few inches, and while I can tell that it has grown some since then, I am no where near the length that I need to be content with my styles. I have major shrinkage so it will take me double the length to be where I want to be. At this time, I would be okay with even ear length (which would probably in all actuality be shoulder length in my case. Today I am in a ponytail, took a lot of slicking and brushing (I know brushing is bad, bad, bad ) to get it that way and I have a phony pony on the back for work. I may take some pics but my PP isn't really matching the color of the rest of my hair. I plan to wash the gunk out tomorrow and then wear it out in all it's nappy glory for a few. I also need to get out of the habit of wearing headbands or slicking the front of my hair back because it know it can be damaging but I just don't feel that I look right without doing something.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More